Call for Abstracts
ISDE 2023 Abstract Submission Is Closed
- Abstracts will be accepted in English only
- An international panel of reviewers will review all abstracts anonymously
- There is no fee for submitting an abstract
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts you may submit (however an individual may not be offered more than 2 oral presentations)
- All abstracts accepted by the Scientific Program Committee will be published in Diseases of the Esophagus (DOTE) Journal and on the congress website prior to the meeting. It is mandatory to agree to this at the time of submission
- ISDE 2023 Congress also accepts short videos (maximum 3 minutes) to be reviewed for a video presentation at the congress. Please see below for video submission guidelines
- Start your abstract submission by creating an account for the ISDE 2023 abstract submission system.
Please note that the abstract submission system account is different from your ISDE membership account.
- All correspondence will be sent to the abstract submitter. Please ensure that submitting authors inform the co-authors of the status of the abstract.
- IMPORTANT: Author and/or institution information must NOT appear in the title, background, methods, results or conclusion sections of your submission. If author and/or institution names appear the abstract will be disqualified. Please email ISDEemail@example.com if you have any questions.
Abstract Submission Categories
Step 1. Title & Presentation Type
- The abstract title must not exceed 20 words in length.
- Please indicate your preferred presentation type. If you would not be comfortable giving an oral presentation, please select Poster Only. NOTE: Selecting oral format does not guarantee you will be assigned an oral abstract presentation upon acceptance; the final presentation type is determined by the International Scientific Abstract Review Committee.
Step 2. Authors
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract must be registered for the ISDE 2023 Congress by June 30, 2023
- There is no limit to the number of co-authors per abstract.
- Financial disclosure information for the presenting author must be submitted.
Step 3. Disclosure
Presenting authors are expected to disclose to the program audience any/all relevant financial relationships related to the content of their presentation. Kindly note that the disclosure can be submitted by the submitter on behalf of the presenting author.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per CME guidelines, industry employees cannot present an abstract if the content of the abstract relates to business lines or products of their employer.
Step 4. Abstract Text
- Do not include title or author data in the body of your abstract as there are specific places for title and author (steps 1 & 2)
- Author and/or institution name must NOT be included in the body of the abstract. If the author and/or institution name appear in the body of the abstract it will be disqualified.
- Abstracts may be entered directly into the site or copied and pasted
- Research work should be original and innovative. Work can be presented prior to ISDE 2023, but MUST include new information/data
- Abstract submissions must be structured with the following:
- Background (maximum 75 words)
- Methods (maximum 100 words)
- Results (maximum 100 words)
- Conclusion (maximum 75 words)
- A maximum of 1 table or 1 image may be included
- Tables (maximum 5 columns and 7 rows), images (5×7 inches) or graphs must be uploaded in JPG or TIFF format at 300 dpi
- There must be only 1 subject per video presentation.
- The written and spoken language in all digital videos must be in English.
- All videos must include either audio narration or background music (or a combination of both). Video submissions with no audio element will not be accepted.
- The opening frames of the video presentation must begin with the exact title of the abstract and include the authors’ names.
- Submissions of video presentations that are exceedingly commercial in character will not be accepted for presentation.
- Submissions funded by commercial companies must be identified as such in a disclaimer at the start of the presentation.
- Ensure that the content has all necessary copyright assignments including use of images, footage, music and audio. If you have logos included, please make sure you have permission to use them.
- Video submissions must be structured with the following:
- Description – what is in the video; why this video is unique or important for the congress
- Link to uploaded file (avi, mpg, mpeg, mov, wmv – max. 250 MB) via Dropbox or another file sharing website
Step 5. Preview & Submit
- Please proofread your submission prior to submitting
- Once submitted, you will no longer be able to make edits to the abstract. If you need to make changes prior to the submission deadline, please contact us at ISDEfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Please carefully review the affiliation of all your co-authors as this is how it will appear in the DOTE and as well as the ISDE 2023 Scientific Program
- For any inquiries, please contact ISDEemail@example.com
If your inquiry is regarding a particular draft or submission, please include the abstract ID in your email.
Abstract Submissions Open
01 December 2022
Abstract Submissions Deadline
08 May 2023 (Final Extension)
Abstract Result Notifications
08 June 2023
Presenting Author Registration Deadline
30 June 2023
08-10 September 2023